Here it is. The promised Gluten-Free Raspberry Cinnamon muffins recipe. You’re going to love them! They’re made with my simple Homemade Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- 280 grams Gluten-free Whole-grain Flour Blend (MUST be weighed!)
- 122 grams (1/2 cup) sugar (I used Zulka Morena sugar.)
- 12 grams (1 Tablespoon) baking powder, aluminum-free
- 4 grams (1/2 teaspoon) Celtic Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, coarsley chopped
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the milk and vanilla in a one-quart bowl or measuring cup.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then mix it into the milk and vanilla, whisking quickly as you pour it in. You will end up with tiny, drops of soft butter floating on the top, as it rehardens, but it will be okay. Trust me. Those little drops of butter will mix into your batter easily and this will prevent the egg, you’re about to add, from cooking in the hot butter.
- Add the egg to the milk and butter mixture, whisking until it is thoroughly combined.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the center.
- Mix until all the flour and liquid are combined and no dry powder remains. Unlike working with flours that have gluten, you can’t really overwork or toughen your baked goods by stirring too much. The gluten is what causes tough baked goods when overworked. Since you are working with gluten-free ingredients you can stir to your heart’s content.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Place cupcake papers in muffin tin, or grease the muffin tin well, and fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Are you experimenting with gluten-free baking? What have you loved? What hasn’t worked out as well? Do you have a good tip or idea you’d be willing to share?
Thanks for stopping by! Have a day packed full-to-overflowing with blessings!