We all love participating in cookie exchanges, this time of year. It’s such a great way to try new recipes and a great excuse to get together with friends to share indulgently delicious treats! I’ll have several cookie recipes to share over the next few weeks, but Chex has challenged to put a twist in our party plans and make it a Party Mix-Change. They have also provided plenty of recipe inspiration – Chex PB & Chocolate Blast, Traditional Chex Mix, Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles, Hot Buttered Yum Chex, and Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch. The best part about a Chex Party Mix Exchange, besides the yummy treats, is that the recipes are quick and easy to prepare. Even a little simple packaging You won’t spend hours in the kitchen, creating these delicious party snacks. One lucky Busy-at-Home reader will discover how sweet and easy it is with the giveaway prize pack they will win from Chex!
Chex really hit on a great idea, with this one! Quite honestly, the combinations are limitless. So, if you’re feeling festive, I’d encourage you to create some of your own exciting recipes or use the ones from the Chex Party Mix-Change website and vary them to fit your pantry ingredients and family preferences, like I have in the two tasty recipes, below. The first is my finicky family’s spin on traditional Chex Mix and the second is just a slightly altered version of the Chex Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blast.
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 (10 oz bag) Rolled Gold Everything Bagels Rings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 packet Chex Party Mix Seasoning (If you don’t have a packet, you can use 2 tsp. Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.)
- In a large mixing bowl mix the cereal, nuts and bagel rings.
- Mix the seasoning packet (or seasonings & Worcestershire) into the melted butter.
- Pour seasoned butter over the cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool and package in decorative containers for gifting and trading at your mix-change!
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 12 oz bag peanut butter chips
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 2 cups red and green M&Ms
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- Melt the white chocolate chips on full power for about 1 minute in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chips over the Rice Chex and stir to coat. Spread out to cool on waxed paper or plastic wrap with a light coat of pan spray.
- Melt the peanut butter chips on full power for about 1 minute in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chips over the Corn Chex cereal and stir to coat. Spread out to cool on waxed paper or plastic wrap with a light coat of pan spray.
- When the candy-coated cereal has cooled and the candy coating is hardened, break the cereal pieces apart and mix both the candy-coated cereals, the M&Ms and the mixed nuts in a large bowl.
- Serve or package for gifting.
I received the Chex Mix prize pack pictured above, through My Blog Spark, in order to test the product and recipes and write this post. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.
Latest posts by Glenda Embree (see all)
- Happy New Year! - January 1, 2017
- One Of Our Favorite Holiday Traditions: Puritas Nursery Holiday Train Display in Cleveland, Ohio - December 30, 2016
- Ring In The New Year In These Sparkly New Year’s Eve Styles - December 28, 2016